Sunday 17 July 2011

Baby Shower!

On Sunday 10th July, Aunty Kat, Gran Maude and Grammy Marie hosted a baby shower for me and bub at home.  If my last day at work was the best day ever, this was the best afternoon ever!  Surrounded by about 20 of my closest friends and rellos I had a lovely afternoon tea.... there was champagne, sandwiches, scones, brownies, cheeses & dips...... aunty Kat made sensational savoury muffins, Therese made heavenly lemon cupcakes, and Jen and Alannah showed up with the cutest chocolate cupcakes decorated like little baby faces (they tasted sooooo good they could not possibly have been dairy free even though they were).  All the girls showered me with beautiful baby gifts.  I usually find it really hard to receive gifts but I just embraced it and it was wonderful fun.  So many cute clothes and toys, and even a movie pamper pack for me which included my favourite caramel popcorn!  We also had games: guess the circumference of Sally's tummy, and a funny 20 question baby trivia quiz.  Deb D guessed my tummy size exactly! She and Maxine also turned into sparkle fairies and made sure there was not one thing left to wash up in the kitchen at the end of the day - big hugs to you!











No comments:

Post a Comment