Saturday 28 May 2011

The next bit of what's happened so far

So after the 9 week scan we tell our siblings by phone. Lilly and Kat swore and then cried. Tim just sounded so proud.
I start to feel very weak and nauseous.I can't stand meat or any kind of burning smell like the BBQ or the oven. I sleep every minute of every day, but I still go to work full time and sleep around that. On bad days I take 10min naps in the loo at work ( which I later told my boss about and we had a laugh). Robyn is the only person at work who knows, she is a very good guardian angel!
I tell my work colleagues properly at week 15. It was the best day at work ever. So much happiness! And not much work done at all. Debra my boss goes nuts and buys lots of cake to celebrate.
So up to week 22 it's all a blur. So tired and sick.
But the Week 18 scan was a highlight and we even got a DVD of our little person. It is a very active baby and is always in trouble with the sonographer for not keeping still for measurements! Baby is declared perfectly healthy with long legs. It sticks it's tongue out at us on screen when we tell it to be still. Funny.
At week 18 I feel baby fluttering inside for the first time. WOW.
Then it was like someone flicked a switch inside me at week 22. I have energy! I feel great and am no longer green-faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment